Lincoln Valley Scottish Rite was chartered February 1, 1885.

The Lincoln Scottish Rite Temple was constructed in 1916 and part of 1917 by Olson Construction Company from designs by Berlinghof and Davis, at a cost of approximately $80,000.  The building was dedicated and occupied on February 22, 1917.  The low rear (east) wing was added by Olson in 1923 at a cost of about $12,000, after designs by Davis and Wilson.  

The Scottish RIte Temple “represents a distinctive architectural style or innovation” as one of Lincoln’s best and most ornate Neo-Classical Revival structures, in addition to being “the work of a craftsman whose individual work is significant” in the development of the city, through its design by Berlinghof and Davis.  


Since 1867, the Scottish Rite Masonic fraternity has been a force in the Nebraska Masonic World.  There was a strong fraternal movement in Omaha - Freemasons, Knights of Columbus, Independent Order of Odd Fellows, among many others - when the Masonic Building at 19th and Douglas and the Scottish Rite Masonic Center at 20th and Douglas (SRMC) were built. During the same time, Job’s Daughters (a Masonic group for girls), Omaha Masonic Home for Boys (now the Omaha Home for Boys) and Rainbow International were established here in Omaha.  Even the second Chapter of DeMolay (now oldest continually operating Chapter) was charted on the second floor of the Omaha Scottish Rite in that time frame.

In 1912, the members of the Omaha Valley of Scottish Rite broke ground for the new building.  This magnificent neo-classical building covering approximately 47,000 square feet on four floors opened to the members in the fall of 1914.  The Scottish Rite, approved for the National Register of Historic Places in 2011, has been maintained in pristine condition for the past century.  Starting in 2000, major renovations have been done with plans for more in the future, which retain the history and heritage of the building while adapting the building for the needs of members today.


The Hastings Masonic Center is located at 411 N. Hastings Ave, Hastings NE 68901-5162. The Scottish Rite dates to about 1886 in Adams County, serving members in central Nebraska. The current Hastings building was built in 1930 and hosts Hastings Masonic organizations.

The grand theater has often hosted community groups, including the Hastings Children's theater. Recently, a performance of Shrek: the Musical delighted audiences and raised significant funds for the Scottish Rite philanthropies and the Hastings Community Theater.


The Alliance Scottish Rite building is located at 123 W. 3rd Street, Alliance NE 69301. The building was expanded in 1917, and a theater was added in the mid-1930s, and hosts Alliance's Masonic organizations.